This Mango Tomato Salsa is a celebration of fresh, seasonal ingredients, combining the sweetness of ripe mangoes with the acidity of fresh tomatoes and the spice of jalapeño peppers for an easy bowl of salsa that will be gone within minutes. This salsa is perfect with lime flavored chips but can also be used to elevate any fish or chicken dish with little added effort. I love this for Summer Cookouts especially. Make a batch ahead of time and chill it in the fridge until your guests arrive – If you have that kind of self control!
If you like this recipe, you will love my Mango Guacamole Recipe! I usually make these two recipes together since they share very similar ingredients.
Ingredients for this Mango Tomato Salsa
- 1 Mango – look for a slightly ripe mango. These usually have more yellow and red on their peel than the green ones and should be slightly soft to the touch but not mushy.
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes – I like cherry tomatoes for this salsa but any will work
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- the juice of one small lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by dicing the mango into small cubes for this Mango Tomato Salad. Then dice the tomatoes. Add these to a medium size bowl and keep as much of the tomato juice as you can.
- Finely chop the red onion and add them to the bowl.
- Remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeño, finely chop it, and add it to the bowl.
- Chop about half a cup (loosely packed) of the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Juice a small lime over all of the ingredients and season with 1 tsp paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve chilled!
Enjoy with crispy tortilla chips, lime tortilla chips, or over baked fish or grilled chicken.