This Blueberry Muffins Visual Recipe is based off of my family’s favorite Kamut Blueberry Muffin recipe. It is Montessori aligned with real food photos.
Print this visual recipe and laminate it for an easy mess-proof cooking guide that is perfect for toddlers and young children learning to cook.
Directions for this Visual Recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla, oil, buttermilk, and eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix in the all purpose flour 1/2 cup at a time until the batter is smooth. It should be very thick and sticky.
- Gently Fold in the fresh blueberries with a spoon.
- Divide the batter evenly into a greased 12 cup muffin pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes and serve warm.
Tips for cooking this recipe with your kids
Pre-heat the oven, prep the muffin tin with cooking spray, and set out all of the ingredients, supplies, and mixing bowl before you get started. To minimize any messes, place the mixing bowl on top of a tray to catch any spills that may happen. Add whatever is on the tray back to the batter after your toddler is done to ensure that nothing gets left out of the batter due to any spills.
I hope you and your kiddos love this visual recipe!